Monday, 15 October 2012

Fiction Attack!

Having secured two picture book contracts under my belt, lately, I've been wanting to dip into the world of children's fiction for a little change. Any random ideas I get, I draw, but in my 'Fiction' style. So expect to see a lot more of this stuff on here for a while as I find my feet. I'll be posting new pieces every now & then between the heap of work I'm trying to keep on top of. It's all part of the great Circle of Illustration.

Let's start with a neater version of the last character sketch I posted...

I'd really appreciate opinions and all that jazz as I find my way with this fiction malarky! Thank you :)

1 comment:

  1. This style is gorgeous, lovely- I'd pictured her with blue stripes, though. I think the red just makes me think "where's wally?". Pervasive branding, you see.

    Looks perfectly geared towards children's fiction. Maybe something in the vein of Chris Riddel's Ottoline books?

    ReplyDelete