Friday, 25 May 2012

Good news and new shoes

Good day pretty peoples of Bloggum!

And how are we all doing today?

I'm going to start off as any true Brit would and talk about the weather. But it's not often we get to say, it's GORGEOUS out there!!! It seems criminal that most of us illustrators are bound to the wires and plug sockets of the office (a.k.a. Kitchen table) However, a little vitamin D intake every now and then throughout the day is on the agenda.

So before I get onto the good news, have you ever seen a Briard in glasses? Well, your wait is over! My Nan's dog Alfie has pulled it out of the bag, and provided us with a rather dashing shot...

Well, I am now awaiting on the feedback for a bunch of roughs for a children's book I'm working on with Pearson. As I mentioned in the previous blog post, the story is extremely wacky, but good fun (apart from the sheer amount of horses I've been having to draw...) Unfortunately I can't show you anything yet, but hopefully it won't be too long before it's published as it's a children's fairytale play part of a series that will be read in schools.

And now for the exciting part! I received a phone call from my agent yesterday confirming that I have a shiny new Picture Book deal with Scholastic :D I couldn't BE more excited!!! We haven't received the details yet, but this is most definitely the start of some wonderful things. I do not have anything more to say on the matter since I don't know myself, but I shall keep you posted as and when! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! Good times!

Today I will be finishing some top secret work for the Phoenix comic, which I am extremely excited about. Once again, it's the whole 'I can't show you yet' thing. But, SOON. As Mr. Magpie says:

On that happy note, I'm going to go carry on with the ol' work. Lots of very exciting projects in the making! Have a brilliant day guys!

Let's wrap this post up with a cute baby monster eh?!

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment