Sunday, 17 July 2011

A Rose & a Smile.


Another painting 'A Rose & a Smile' for you lovely people. Once again I produced this painting to experiment and develop my use of colour, light and dark etc etc. I shan't babble on too much here. I've been sketching a lot of random little pictures in my sketchbook that I carry around everywhere, and some I've taken further by scanning in and adding colour, like this one for example. I can't stress enough how important it is to take even a tiny weeny little sketch/note book out with you. Personally I can't produce a masterpiece on the move, but I find some of my best ideas pop up from nowhere when I least expect it, and I simply HAVE to get it written down/make a quick doodle. Even if I don't take the idea any further right away, it's there, and you never know what the future holds :)
(Click image to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! :) is it digitally painted? I normally have a little book with me too, feel lost without one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is in the air... Laa la lala laa la laaa... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lil, another great pic.

    I've given you an award! Check out my blog here:

    http://freyamorris.blogspot.com/2011/08/pass-on-love-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete