Thursday, 2 June 2011

Comfort


Once again, I wanted to practice my digital painting skills whilst experimenting with characterisation, colour & composition. I feel this particular piece went rather well. It was a spur of the moment drawing really... I wanted to create something quite sweet and comforting. I find hugging always achieves this :)
Digital painting is so therapeutic, I can spend hours just refining an image more and more until I feel it's acceptable for the eyes of the public! (Perfectionism is something every illustrator suffers with I think...) and I like to think I can try to make an image look as if it has been hand-rendered... (sneaky stuff eh!)

2 comments:

  1. I swear (i shouldn't really, hur hur hur) that after a few days of dedicating to digital painting...you've completely nailed it. This is so heart-warming...you can TOTALLY 'feel' the hug between these two...so nice, AND it looks like you've coloured it with watercolour pencils or something! :D Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice stuff, great composition and mood and everything. And it doesn't look digital at all. Nice colours too :)

    ReplyDelete