Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Sleeping Beauty


I have started to work on a range of Fairy Tale themed illustrations taking on a real 'concept art' approach... Well, trying to anyway! I love the atmosphere and lighting conveyed in the concept art for animated films inparticular, and the way each individual illustration tells a whole story of it's own. I'm also embracing the 'no line' style to build up my new online portfolio. So here we are, the first instalment that I worked on today. I really hope you like it. Any comments are greatly appreciated :)
Please click to enlarge image.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is really awesome. Love the atmosphere and a bit of gloominess too! It's both enchanting and dark. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing, stunning. Completely agree with bosplaajes.

    The spinning wheel makes me think of sleeping beauty. One slight thing - I can't quite make out what's being lit up in the back of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Really like the textures; gives it a nice dusty feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely need a job with Pixar one day Lil!

    ReplyDelete