Tuesday, 11 January 2011

January

Hello again lovely people!
So the theme of this illustration is '2011 New Year'. Over the next few months I have to design an illustration based on a theme for each month i.e. January = New Year/New beginning etc, February = Valentines Day/Leap Year... These illustrations will be featuring on each Pickled ink newsletter which is sent out to publishers/clients each month.
Anyway, back to the current theme of new year...I had no idea what to do. What could I draw in my style that could represent January??....After much thought I decided I'd run with this image and do something a bit crazy (as usual). I thought about all of my favourite things I like to draw and then put them all together to create one lively illustration! Of course adding a little phrase to put the illustration in context... 'Free Your Imagination in 2011'; because that's exactly what i'll be doing, and what you see before you are just some of what will be emerging from my brain this year. Hope you like it :)


Just for a laugh I'm going to include the older version of this image in this post. Can you spot the difference?? Maybe this illustration would be more appropriate in 18,000 years time?.....mmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Love the catchphrae "free your imagination'. Im positive the newsletters are going to be a standout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love the cupcake tree! <3

    ReplyDelete