Saturday, 3 April 2010

THE ULTIMATE EASTER CHALLENGE: Numero 14: Crossing the Bar (03/04/2010)



Thanks to Ollie for recommending the Poem 'Crossing the Bar' by Alfred Lord Tennyson. It's a beautiful poem about a peaceful death and crossing over to the other side; Heaven. You can read the poem here; http://quotations.about.com/cs/poemlyrics/a/Crossing_Bar.htm.
I wanted to incorporate all of the peaceful and magical elements of the poem and tried to convey exactly what i saw in my head when reading it. I'm rather pleased with the outcome; I think this portrays my style quite well and of course, there's plenty of glowy texture as is tradition in any classic Lil illustration!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing...I'm adding this one to my list of favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the moon is wonderful! this is my favourite so far
    X

    ReplyDelete